Performing a massage is the essence of expert hands. Without the right expert guidance, performing a massage goes almost in vain. Massage involves touching, striking, rubbing and even pressing the right reflex points on the body. Especially in case of foot massage, the right reflex points need to be reached for an effective therapy.
Reflexology or foot reflexology massage can be performed by a certified reflexologist. In many cases, it can also be undertaken by an experienced family member, too. Reflexologist are not medical doctors however, they receive formal training for conducting the right practice of reflexology. There are a number of reflexology training centres that offer certified training in the same. International Institute of Reflexology in Florida is the most popular reflexology training offering institute around the world.
What to look for before choosing a Reflexologist?
- When one is looking for a professional reflexologist, one should ensure that they have received a minimum 200 official hours of certified training and instruction for the best results.
- One should also check it they have received a valid certification by a renowned training board. However, qualified the Reflexologist is, it should be ascertained that they are involved in continued training and learning program as per the recent updates of foot massage or reflexology.
What to expect from a Foot Massage Session?
- During the beginning of the session, the reflexologist asks a couple of questions related to your medical history and determines the origin source of the problem one is undergoing.
- Then after, one is made to lie down or sit in a comfortable chair, taking off both your shoes and socks.
- Now, the reflexologist uses a couple of pressure movements, circular strokes and stretches for manipulating the reflex points corresponding to the affected body part. A few may use oil or a lotion, however many of them go for dry technique, as well.
- You can guide your therapists for keeping the massage session comfortable and relaxed, rather than pushing too much to make it a painful session. Open communication is always welcome during such sessions.
- Your foot massage session may last from 30 minutes to one hour giving the most relaxed feel. Your relexologist may wish to take note of your experience after the massage sessions for a better service next time.
Family Member Can Also Be a Valid Reflexologist
- In case, one wishes to have a homely foot massage, any of your family members willing to understand the strategy behind this massage can help.
- If they learn the reflex actions of the different points on the body and its functioning with reflexology, they can perform the foot massage on your own.
Foot massage or reflexology works amazingly on the entire body vitality. Being in Chandigarh you can definitely opt for getting a foot massage in Chandigarh in association with the best reflexologits. Having received the most professional and updated training, they are a pro at their job and the touch of their magical hands is a must to be tested.